The Financial Services Advisory team offers a series of industry leading financial services qualifications, provided through the Chartered Insurance Institute of England and Wales and CFA Institute.
To progress through the programme, you must complete a range of courses over a three year period and sit the relevant Institute exams to gain these qualifications. Graduates with any degree subject may apply, and may be awarded exemptions from some of the exams depending on your degree discipline.
Whichever applies to you, these are challenging qualifications covering insurance, mortgages, financial planning and investment management:
- Investment Management Certificate- The benchmark entry-level qualification for Investment Management Professionals.
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice- Changes to mortgage regulation will lead to considerable opportunities in this sector. This qualification is valuable in demonstrating required industry knowledge following the Mortgage Market Review and is especially relevant in respect of past business review and remedial work.
- Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning - The benchmark qualification for financial planning professionals, post Retail Distribution Review.
- CII Certificate in Insurance (including London Markets Insurance)- The industry standard qualification for insurance professionals. Grounding in insurance that will enable graduates to understand the regulatory challenges faced by our clients in a number of different insurance disciplines.
The qualifications will be aligned to the various disciplines falling within BDO Financial Services Advisory work. This is a challenging and wide ranging syllabus to cover and you’ll need to be hard-working, focused and determined. However, once achieved, your qualifications will be recognised as a sign of the technical competence and business capability you have developed. It will offer you an opportunity for industry-wide success, and a rewarding internationally-diverse business career.
The qualifications are made up of:
- 13 exams (some of which you may be eligible for exemptions)
- Taught courses and self-study modules alongside relevant practical experience
Study is blended with both college and online lectures, for greater flexibility.
For more details, see www.cii.co.uk . Please be aware that qualifications and courses can be updated and are subject to change.