Rewards and benefits
At BDO we offer you a highly competitive starting salary. Salary levels may vary according to office location and the area of the business in which you work, but all are set with a view to attracting the best people to the firm.
Everyone’s salary is reviewed each year, and as a graduate trainee you may receive increases that reflect your performance. We’ll also pay your tuition and all your professional exam fees, and pay you bonuses for passing your exams during your training period.
On top of your salary we offer many additional benefits. These include core benefits, to which you are automatically entitled, and voluntary flexible benefits, which you can customise to suit your needs and lifestyle.
Your core benefits are:
- 25 days’ holiday
- the firm’s Group Personal Pension scheme, which has matched employer contributions
- life assurance cover at three times your salary
- income protection insurance of 50% of salary
You have the option to elect further benefits, most with tax efficient deductions from your salary, using Flexcel, our flexible benefits platform. Benefits available through Flexcel include:
- buying up to ten days’ extra holiday
- health related benefits, such as private medical, personal accident, dental insurance
- other benefits include travel insurance, Bikes to Work, cinema passes, dining cards and many more
We also offer various benefits designed simply to make your life easier day to day. These include:
- employee discounts
- discounted gym membership and gym loans
- interest-free annual season ticket loan
- interest free graduate loans
- online health assessments
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme, a free counselling and advisory service
An even more rewarding place to work
At BDO we operate two additional schemes to enhance our business while rewarding our people. One is our employee introduction scheme, and the other is our recognition programme: One Firm, Clients First Awards.
Our recognition programme: One Firm, Clients First Awards
Any of our people can nominate any other individual or team in BDO for a One Firm, Clients First award. These awards are to recognise instances of exceptional client service, and include instant awards of £75 gift cards and quarterly awards of up to £2,500 for an individual award or £3,000 for a team award.
Employee introduction scheme
If you are working at BDO and introduce us to someone whom we go on to hire, you will receive a bonus of between £1000 and £5000 for an experienced hire introduction or £500 for a trainee introduction.
And finally we support you if you wish to do voluntary work within the community. We provide for up to ten days a year as part of our community volunteering programme.
*In some instances your benefits are subject to passing your probationary period