Your video interview is your chance to show us that you have what we’re looking for. We will ask you a number of questions to determine whether you have what it takes to be successful here at BDO as we seek to understand more about you, what you can do and what you enjoy to do.
Don’t worry if you haven’t completed a video interview before. The system will take you through each stage of the process. You will also have the opportunity to answer a test question before you begin the interview itself.
Guidance for interviews
During the interview
The interview will be Strengths -based. We’ll be looking for evidence of what you do well and what you enjoy doing to make sure you are a good fit for BDO as it’s important to us that we find the right candidates for our organisation, but that you also find the right employer for you. Interviews are a two-way process, so you should also reflect upon whether you want to work for us.
- Be yourself! We want to know the real you. Relax and answer the questions as honestly and openly as you can.
- Speak clearly and concisely, sharing as much information as you wish.
- Read the question carefully. The candidates that perform the best take care to respond to the question which has been asked, rather than sharing an answer they may have pre-prepared which is not relevant to the question. As with all interviews, you will not be able to re-complete your responses.
- As a video-interviewer, there won’t be an assessor watching your responses at the time you record them. So we recommend completing the video interview at the time of day when you are feeling at your best and are relaxed.
- The interview will last up to 30 minutes, so please ensure that you are somewhere quiet and won’t be interrupted during this time.